Sunday 20 May 2012

Vegan Juice Pulp Muffins

Hello Buddha Babes :)

So Taegan and I did a 7 day juice cleanse last week and decided to save all the pulp from making the juices! We froze it all in a mason jar, and today I made some delicious pulp muffins :) they're very flavourful, loaded with fibre and were a great texture to work with for muffins.


There's literally everything in them muffins, but the kitchen sink! From celery to blueberries to beets ... 

Here's the recipe:

Preheat oven to 375 and either use muffin liners or coat the tins with pam or butter. 

Whisk together the dry ingredients:



2 cups flour (I used multi grain)
1/2 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon (Taegan and I can't get enough of cinnamon, so I probably put in a tbsp...)
1/2 tsp ground ginger (I didn't put in because we juiced ginger so it was in the pulp, but I'd recommend adding it if it's not in there!)
1/4 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground clove (This is a must I think! Discovered my love for clove today - definitely made the muffins :))

With an electric mixer, combine the wet ingredients:

1/3 cup raw sugar
2 tbsp agave nectar 
1 cup nondairy milk (I used vanilla almond milk)
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil (can use grapeseed or sunflower oil)
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of your fibrous pulp! (you can really add however much you want/have - I found a cup did the right amount of flavouring, but can be totally versatile!)


Mix the dry ingredients with the wet using the electric mixer until all combined. 


Spoon into the muffin tray, filling them about 3/4 - they don't expand very much though.


Bake for 20 minutes, and enjoy!! You can really do whatever you like with this recipe - add dried cranberries, raisins, nuts, chia seeds, chocolate chips ;) anything you'd like! It made about 15 DELICIOUS muffins. Hope you enjoy them :)


Here for your healthy life,

Taegan & Taylor

Buddha Babes

No comments:

Post a Comment