Friday 22 June 2012

New and Hot Spots in Calgary

Recently we visited a couple new restaurants in Calgary, both of which were amazing, unique, and within walking distance on 17th ave.

The first was Cibo- which means food in Italian. I suggest going anytime before 7 pm because this place can get packed, and for good reason! Generous portions, unique wine selection, and the food is truly phenomenal. Try it for yourself!


Note: the chandelier in the back made out of branches! So neat!


The next was National. We only came here for drinks but I have heard the east coast oysters are very good. Fun atmosphere (long picnic tables, much like Wurst), interesting menu, and great caesars!


Taylor and I split this big guy. The Caesar is made with horseradish, and comes with shrimp and a celery stick the size of your head!

A regular at Javino Coffee and Wine bar in Discovery Ridge told me about this gem of a restaurant I must try. The menu looks healthy and seems to have the highest quality ingredients. So a review for The Main Dish (http://www.tmdish.com/) will be coming very soon!


Also a side note: if you live in SW Calgary and are looking for some gluten free baking, Javino is now carrying these delicious treats. A woman from Canmore creates these little beauties and I must say, they are truly amazing.


 I tried the Superfood energy bite before an intense hot yoga class and it was just what I needed. A bit crunchy, not too sweet, not too filling and a great little energy boost.

If you know of any new and hot places in Calgary, let us know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment